Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Good Food and Good Music ... My Favorite Combo





Last week I had the pleasure of attending the launch of "Behind the Strings" Wednesdays at Fox Hollow. Not only did I love the singer/songwriter showcase of local talent, but I was surprised by the yummy bar food. I don't hang out on Washington - it's not my scene. Fox Hollow is just off Washington but it has a completely vibe. I would never have known if I hadn't gone to this event.

I do frequently attend live music events, everything from the Mucky Duck to The Woodlands (if I really love somebody enough to go there) and everything in between. I'm particularly fond of singer/songwriter type shows. I love the stories that accompany the music and I just love listening to good singers in general. I'm always amazed by the amount of talent out there in terms of both singers and songwriters.

Fox Hollow is doing something unique each Wednesday with these events. The vibe is chill - many different seating options are available - at the bar, at tables, at banquettes against the wall. It's comfortable, the sound is great, the talent is tremendous ... and did I mention there was yummy food? Made in house beef sliders that were among the best I've had - perfectly medium rare and clearly made with quality beef on a divine pretzel bun. I was super happy! An excellent pulled pork version was available as well.

This is the kind of event Houston needs to support. It's special. They'll be showcasing new talent each Wednesday and I know I can't think of a better way to celebrate getting over hump day. Photos by BarStoolMag.com

No comments: