Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pierson and Co. BBQ



Shame on me for not going when I first heard about this place, almost a year ago. I finally made my way recently to discover Pierson's is much closer than I thought - just a bit north of 610 on T.C. Jester ... I'm just lame for not realizing this. So I've been missing out on some of the best BBQ I've ever had, served by some really friendly folks - life's too short to miss out on things like this!
Let's start with the brisket - melt in your mouth tender (yes, that's what I said) with a fantastic and flavorful smoke ring and a crusty char I dream about. Slam dunk. But there's more ... the ribs not only fell off the bone but had an intense smokey flavor right down to said bone and just a really awesome texture overall. I also really dug the sausage, though it's a bit unusual and not everybody in my party loved it. For me it was tender and very pork-y with a kick of spice at the end and crackly skin ... all I could ever want in a sausage. Even the sides were good (I didn't dare to hope) including a "mashed potato" style potato salad with just enough (but not too much) tangy mustard and some really nice beans. The only thing I'm still not sure about is the sauce - very spicy and smokey (but maybe a bit too Liquid-smokey?). Not too sweet, though which is a good thing. Unfortunatley I was too full for the homemade cobbler but I vow to return and work it in next time. This meal made me happy and I shall no longer take bbq like this for granted ... you're not getting anything like this outside of Texas.

No comments: